Saturday, October 03, 2009

Wii Sports Resort Review

Wii Sports Resort is the latest in the line of first party games by Nintendo. (There was that summer sports game but who played that?). There are a number of new games as well as old favorites (baseball does not return. A shame because I dominate in that game.) The menu screen is less of a list and actually provides dynamic movement when you hover over the screen of the game you want to play. Not every game is polished; basketball can be a pain. The main game is hard but the 3 pt game wasn't hard to get (and it's not because I'm black). The frisbee golf, while a neat idea, is poor in execution. More often than not, you will need to try really hard to get the sensor to register your movement and eventually it gets frustrating. Table tennis is great. It forces you to stay on your toes. The movement is picked up quite well. Swordfighting is about timing, plain and simple. Bowling returns. However I found that the controller made it really hard to put spin on the ball. It was still fun though. Overall you will have games that you like and don't like and will gravitate to the ones you like. Presentation works well. It really feels like you are on a resort and that is good for this game. Replay value is there if you have a party and works well in that regard over the original Wii Sports. Now the controller. I like and don't like the controller. I like that Nintendo added Motion Control but in essence may the controller a little bulky. Also you are forced to play this game with WiiMC. A downer there. I wish I can change the code so that they can make it an option to play without MC. Regardless the Wii fanbase will gobble this game up and for good reason. It is a solid title to add to your (probably tiny) Wii Library. So if you have the money, let's fly away to the resort.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sony’s PlayStation 3 game consoles will be able to stream movies and TV shows from Netflix

Anonymous said...

I set up a wireless network on my computer so I could connect to the internet on my playstation 3. Can I connect with my computer through the playstation 3 using my wireless network?

Anonymous said...

I set up a wireless network on my computer so I could connect to the internet on my playstation 3. Can I connect with my computer through the playstation 3 using my wireless network?

Anonymous said...

My PS3 will work at home just fine.When I connect it to the internet it works but when I connect at college it signs me out of the playstation network and will not allow me to play. It could be because they want me to download something but I can't it is something that you have to download to access the campus network but It does not recognize the PS3. School is boring without it please help!

Anonymous said...

My son has PlayStation 2 and wants to upgrade to PS3 for X-mas. Which of theses versions is best to consider, the 40BG, 60GB or 80GB? Is one version more compatable than the other with PS2 games?

Anonymous said...

My friend has a playstation 3 and another one of my friends games got stuck in the system. How do you get the disk out? It won't eject the disk no matter what and of coarse, it won't let any other disks come in. How do you lift the cover or even get the disk out? Nothing came up on the playstation website so please give me lots of info.

Anonymous said...

Microsoft's Xbox 360 console has sold over 28 million units worldwide, 8 million more than the Sony Playstation 3. No comments...

Anonymous said...

I want to get surround sound for my PlayStation 3 and I was wondering if you have any recommendations on what I should get. When I check out best buy it all "theater systems". I just want surround sound, not a new blue rye DVD etc. I am also planning on what type of HD/LCD TV, what type should I get. (I play Call of Duty 5, games like that) Website links will and store names will help. Any help?

Anonymous said...

Sony develops 360-degree 3D display... The company also intends to build 3D support into its PlayStation 3 games console, Vaio laptop computers and its Blu-ray Disc players.

Anonymous said...

My PS3 will work at home just fine.When I connect it to the internet it works but when I connect at college it signs me out of the playstation network and will not allow me to play. It could be because they want me to download something but I can't it is something that you have to download to access the campus network but It does not recognize the PS3. School is boring without it please help!

Anonymous said...

Sony’s PlayStation 3 game consoles will be able to stream movies and TV shows from Netflix

Anonymous said...

Linux developer Terra Soft today announced the launch of its Yellow Dog Linux operating system for the Sony PlayStation 3 game console.

Anonymous said...

Microsoft's Xbox 360 console has sold over 28 million units worldwide, 8 million more than the Sony Playstation 3. No comments...

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Two days ago I trapped on this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Ps3 Live Tournaments[/url]
They say you can play online Nhl2k game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?

Folding at Home Stats

>
>