Thursday, May 08, 2008

Super Smash Bros Brawl: fun to pick up and play




Yeah, I know it's been a while since I last posted. Not many interesting games (in my opinion and in general) have come out as of late. However, one game that has come out that us fun is Super Smash Bros Brawl for the Wii (or SSBB for short). This game pits up to four people on a screen battling with their favorite character. Not all characters are Nintendo characters as evidenced by the arrival of Sonic the Hedgehog and others that don't fall under the Nintendo umbrella. There are a vast array of options to provide you with a fun experience. You can play a true brawl with no items, or have some items on, or a two-minute timed match just to name a few. There are about 45 different characters and each have their own strengths and weaknesses. Not playing Melee prior to playing this game, I like this style of beat-up play and is a fun game at parties. Matches don't last long and many can be played in an hour. Plus for those who are a completionist, there are plenty of trophies to keep up occupied. Also in order to unlock some characters previously locked at the start of the game, you will need to accrue playtime on various levels, fight a certain amount of battles among other things. The musical soundtrack is among the largest I've ever seen with over 100 different tracks. Some are gotten through trophies and some are even gotten through battle. In battle, sometimes the CD appears at random and if you grab it, that song will be added to your total song list. Aside from battles, there are different events to challenge you as well. Since I don't own a Wii, I won't get this game. But if you do, I recommend this game. It will keep you occupied for quite a while.

No comments:

Folding at Home Stats

>
>