Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Guitar Zero: the shark has been jumped



Let me preface this by saying that I currently do not own any current Guitar Hero games. That said, I have played them in the past starting with Guitar Hero II. It was fun and then I played Guitar Hero III. That was fun as well but now there are more upcoming Guitar Hero games: Aerosmith, On tour for DS, and World tour. Don't forget that Guitar Hero also released Rock the 80's for PS2. Now that Rock Band has been released, I feel that World tour tries to be Rock Band in that you can sing vocals and play drums. It was a nice concept but I feel that this is a little much. I think more music tracks for III are needed to match Rock Band. Plus for people who have peripherals already, I really don't think that the same people would be willing to buy World Tour. For the people that have peripherals already, I hope they release World Tour as a standalone game and save about $150. That said let me focus on Aerosmith. Aerosmith is a game by itself (Guitar Hero: Metallica is the same way). With the way that Guitar Hero is headed by the releases of Aerosmith and Metallica, I feel that they have hurt the music game genre. I think band specific games are bad (unless you are an uber fan of that particular band) because it further dilutes what made the music game genre great: variety in a music game. And we all like variety, don't we? In surmise, I think that I will not be getting any Guitar Hero game in the near future (plus for me it's better playing with other people rather than by yourself) . For fans of a band, do buy the games if you wish but like me, don't be surprised if, like me, you go back to playing Rock Band.

No comments:

Folding at Home Stats

>
>