
I read a report, courtesy of CVG.com, that the reason for Sony's hiked PS3 price is because it is part of a "high risk strategy". It is indeed a high risk. It was also mentioned that the "potential" was high on this system. There must be other marketing strategies because there have been scenarios where systems flopped because of that. For instance, the Dreamcast, had potential but flopped and Sega hasn't really recovered since. What could happen--but probably won't--is that the PS3 won't live up to its potential and/or has major flaws which would make people not buy the system at the high price which in turn causes major profit loss for the company which Sony cannot afford right now. I say Sony should lower it and then see what happens. If it is popular and only a small supply is made at the start, then raise the price. I will buy a system eventually but I may wait until it drops in price. I hope this system will help Sony propels itself in the future and better yet this system better work well or otherwise the company could be in trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment