

The PS3 and Wii have arrived and still no matter what the circumstances people flooded the stores for one or both of the consoles. The PS3 got more press in terms of availablity, among other things; the Wii was more subtle. I like the Wii's size and I was shocked when I saw the box for it. It is small and compact which is one advantage over the PS3. It was also released on a Sunday; as a result, not many people camped out for it. (at least in my area). The Wii has some work to do. Can it compete in the "console wars"? Only time will tell. The PS3, on the other hand, was more publicized and thus, in my opinion, has more pressure to live up to the hype. I've played the Wii and I like it. It is very responsive to your motions. The PS3 I have yet to play and I would want to sample it. The PS3 will have shortages for a while and I think the Wii will avoid the shortage bug for a while. So, over time who will win the battle of the "console wars"? I say the PS3 because it has better overall games and can step up to take the lead from Microsoft. In addition, I'm a little bias toward Sony; to me, the peripherals were better, especially the controller because it is small and easier to play to its fullest extent. Here is my final standings in about 4 years.
1. PS3
2. Wii
3. Xbox 360
No comments:
Post a Comment