

Earlier in the month, I got a chance to play a new 360 game called Lost Planet. For those, who haven't played it, you are missing out on a great game. Now I am not an avid 360 player by any means because 1) I like Sony better and 2) I never really liked being forced to use 2 thumbsticks for movement whereas the Playstation consoles gives you the option to the thumbstick. Lost Planet though has great gameplay and the graphics look nice. The game has a smooth feeling to it and it is easy to pick and play. My only gripe is the story. There is a story but because you may spend forever on a level and/or not play the game for a while, it becomes really easy to get lost and confused. But sometimes you must ignore lack of story because some great games have had a least some lack of story. One of my favorite moments is whenever a large shot is fired and it hits something stationary, smoke appears. At some points you can't see through the smoke which is a good thing because it seems real. This game requires speed. Through the entire game your health (which is thermal energy, in this case because the entire game is on a frozen planet.) keeps dropping so this game will take a lot of time and strategy. The boss fights are no cakewalk either. All bosses take up nearly the entire screen and will take time to kill. I like that because it provides a challenge in that you must find the weak spot which is not always easy to find or easy to hit. Overall, I like the game and would recommend it to people who love fast-paced action shooting. Now if only it was for the PS2.
No comments:
Post a Comment