Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Home: my impressions

I was finally able to check out Playstation Home for the first time and contrary to what I've heard people say, I like it. I think this has the potential to be something great. Keep in mind that it is still in beta phase so not everything is perfect. I created my character in which there are a myriad of options and went to go look around. I played a little flying saucer minigame and that was interesting. I then check out the movie theater. It was cool in that you can sit and watch actual trailers to things coming up. It took a while to download but it didn't bother me too much. I then journeyed on to the mall. Itemwise, there wasn't much but again give it time to accrue and it will not disappoint. I think went to the arcade which has bowling lanes, a video game arcade spot and a couple pool tables. After that I exited Home. Overall I was happy with what I saw. However if you don't have a headset (I don't and apparently many others don't either), you will be at a disadvantage when talking to people. But then again you may not want to talk to people anyway; either way it's your choice. Trophy support should be integrated into Home and I think in the future that games will not only have trophy support but additional items you unlock for Home. We shall see. For now I'm pleased with what has transpired so far.

No comments:

Folding at Home Stats

>
>