Saturday, January 17, 2009
Pain review
Pain is a game exclusively for the Playstation Network. This game is very simple: try to inflict as much pain on your character in one shot as possible. You launch your character out of a slingshot and using various moves like grabbing and such you accumulate points. All sounds fine and dandy. There are a couple of problems though. When I said one shot to accumulate points, it's only one shot. You are given the opportunity to reset the scene. If you don't reset the scene and reset yourself in the launcher and then launch yourself, the score resets anyway. Another problem is that I think some tasks are too difficult. For instance you must unlock other modes and other difficulties by doing some insane tasks. So if you aren't any good in this game, you will not progress far. There are expansions including Abusement Park and Movie Studio. There are other characters to play as but you must purchase those (as well as the expansions) from the Playstation Store. I still haven't decided whether I'll do that or not (I may though). If you don't like this game, I wouldn't get those expansions. However, all but 8 trophies require the expansion so if you are going for trophies, it is mandatory to get 100%. Now comes the interesting question: Would I recommend this game? Not really. Unless you are willing to give it a try. I'll try to get some trophies but I know I won't platinum this game. This game is packed in with the 160GB PS3 so play it then. But overall for me, this game got old really quickly. The staying power just isn't there. It's ok for single player but multiplayer may be something different. For 9.99, this game can be a quick trial for those on the fence. Have fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment