
Well, now it's my turn to offer my impressions on Microsoft's E3 conference. Overall, I like what they presented. They showed off some new Gears of War 2 footage and it should be coming out this year. I played the first Gears and I actually enjoyed it so I will try it out even though I don't currently own a 360. There were numerous other things shown but what really impressed me was the overhaul of the Xbox Marketplace. They redid the interface and did away with the tabs. It looks ok initially, but it doesn't look likee they needed to do that. In complete contrast, the Playstation Store redid their interface and it looks cleaner; the Xbox change looks kind of dull. Anyway, with this new change came the inclusion of Xbox-like avatars. To me, they seem like a hybrid of the Wii's Miis and the Playstation Home's characters. So now every system has some sort of virtual representation of yourself. It looks like that Microsoft will take advantage of the avatars by putting them into some games like 1 vs 100 among others. Speaking of 1 vs 100, Microsoft did strike a deal with NBC Universal and Netflix. In addition, these deals are exclusive, so Microsoft has a slight edge over Sony. I feel that once Home gets released, it will be a great competitor for Microsoft. It also seems like Xbox Live is turning into an all-around entertainment thing with the ability to download movies to rent and/or buy and with the economy in its current state, that is a good thing. Plus the prices aren't too bad so I give Microsoft props for that. One thing I disagreed with during the Microsoft conference was that they mentioned that the 360 was outselling the Wii and PS3. That may be true; however, there is a bit of a disclaimer because the 360 has the distinction of being out longer. All in all, I was pleased with what was shown. It will be interesting to see what will be shown in the future.
1 comment:
Your blog is very creative, when people read this it widens our imaginations.
Post a Comment