


I was able to view Sony's press conference at E3 and needless to say I'm satisfied by what I saw. The PS3 will be getting some really good titles in the near future: God of War III and the Ratchet and Clank game entitled Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty. I'm a little disappointed the new R&C game is a PSN downloadable game instead of a PS3 game however. Hopefully, over time it will be a PS3 game in the future but that is neither here nor there. There was a video of Playstation Home that was shown. The video of it showed nothing new if you are have seen the previous Home videos prior to this conference. Even though its in beta I hope it's close to coming out in full release form. But wishing that is wishing that the new Starcraft game for PC (currently scheduled for 2009) will come out soon. However there was one announcement from Sony that really made me cheer. It was announced that the 80 GB model PS3s will see a price comparable to that of the 40 GB models. Hopefully this happens soon. Because even though good games are out for the PS3 currently, the high price tag is one reason why I haven't bought one yet (in addition I have other priorities that come before that). I am anticipating that the drop will occur before the end of 08 but I am not sure. I hope they keep the backward compatibility when it includes the price drop because that is one thing I want in the PS3. Another title that made me go huh is a new GTA game subtitled Chinatown Wars (or stories, I forget). It's like Liberty City Stories so that will be interesting to see how that works. Also announced was a Greatest Hits collection starting this fall. The price for these games will be $29.99--remember when that was the price for a new game? The games that will fall under the umbrella will be (as of E3): Resistance, Warhawk, and I think one more. I do hope R&C Future: Tools of Destruction falls there because the game was fun and it was good for a launch title. Most of the games presented were 1st person shooters and they aren't my thing. That said, here are a couple games that I want info on or need to be made:
A new Gradius game
Gradius (like Ikaruga) is a fun game and it would be fantastic to see on the PS3. Click here for my review of the latest Gradius game.
Gran Turismo 5
This is one title that is on my wishlist. GT5: Prologue seems like a waste to me. I'd rather wait for the full version and buy it.
A new Crash game
Even though a new Crash is been made for the PS2 (Mind over Mutant), I would like to see one for the PS3. Maybe that will happen?
More PS1 downloadables on PSN
They said that they would put them on, but there aren't that many. I would like to see more.
NFL Street/NBA Street
NFL Tour is awful, but a NBA Street game on PS3 hasn't been explored yet.
Well, those are my thoughts about Sony's conference (There were a lot of other things that I didn't touch on). I'll post others whenever I get the chance.
2 comments:
Will there be a PS4 yet?
Rudy, there wasn't a PS4 announcement. It wouldn't make much sense. The PS3 is fairly new (ok it's a year old). I suspect a PS4 announcement in 5 years.
Post a Comment