
A couple of weeks ago, PS3 released a new firmware update 2.40 which grants the PS3 user with in-game Cross Media Bar and trophies. In-game Cross Media Bar (XMB for short) allows the user to access their messages while still in their current game. This is useful for those who want to view their message immediately and not worrying about current progress. The one that I like is the trophy system. Finally the PS3 has something that matches the 360 and, in my opinion, it gives me more incentive to buy a PS3 (I was going to get one anyway but this update only furthers that speculation) My playing style is that of a completionist. I like gathering every possible unlockable within a game. It further increases the replay value of a game. Now the system is divided into 4 types: bronze, silver, gold and platinum. The platinum trophies are only attainable if you get 100% trophy achievement in one particular game. One thing I wish is that all games prior to the release of this update have this system but I don't think that will happen. The fact that some prior games get this is a good thing and the system should be something that's standard in games to come. Shortly after 2.40 was released, it was actually pulled from the Playstation Network. What happened was that a small percentage of people (I think less than 5%) had something wrong with the system after they got the download. It ranged from minor glitches to entire systems crashing. Fortunately, Sony fixed this problem with the release of 2.41 a day or two later. So now everyone will get to experience the joy that is this update. I personally can't wait to experience this for myself. Until then, good hunting and begin racking up those points.
No comments:
Post a Comment