Sunday, August 24, 2008

160 GB PS3 announced

Recently at the Games Convention--a.k.a.Leipzig--it was announced that Sony announced a 160 GB PS3. When I first heard this, I was happy. For one, I am not that type of person who is willing to replace the current hard drive in PS3's with one that has more GB. Sure it is possible, but once I take stuff apart, depending on how intricate it is, I can't put it back together the way it was originally. Replacing hard drives on PS3's and computers is one example of this for me. Anyway, I like this because as downloadable games begin to increase in popularity, the size of the games (and the size of retail games as well) increases. So a PS3 of this size would be appropriate from one who downloads and/or buys a lot of games. I tend to fit in that category. Now I hope that Sony will profit from this strategy as this is a response to what Microsoft did in announcing the 120 GB 360. If not, Sony could be in trouble financially speaking. We will find out what happens when it launches later in the year.

No comments:

Folding at Home Stats

>
>