Friday, August 08, 2008

Playstation Home: beta-testing update

Yesterday, when the PSN update hit, there was also an important theme in the update as well. The theme was the Playstation Home theme. Whenever a PS3 owner downloads the theme, they are automatically entered for an application into the Home beta. I expect the number of applications to be somewhere in the high thousands. I think that will happen because the more people you have, the more applications can be tested and thus more feedback. They base acceptance of the application on whoever is the most active on the Playstation Network and the Playstation Store. There can be some discrepancy in this though. Do you have to buy stuff from the Network to be counted? Or would demos and gameplay video/trailers count as well? It remains to be seen. I am just happy that there is faster progressive on the Home front. 2 news stories in a week about Home? Great. That means that we should hear more later. I do think there will be constant feedback and I am curious to see how long the actual testing may be (probably 6 months) and what the overall progress is after the testing. Note here that this testing is a first come, first serve basis, meaning that this is a closed beta. The open beta will probably commence after the feedback is addressed and the bugs that may be there are fixed. I do expect the area of Home to be expanded when the open beta begins. The closed beta is limited to a small space right now. As I've said lots of times, I can't wait for Home to finally launch and this is one step in the right direction.

No comments:

Folding at Home Stats

>
>