Thursday, August 14, 2008
Dead Rising: alive falling
Dead Rising is not your typical zombie game. Sure you must defeat zombies, but it's the way you do it that's interesting. The main character (I forget the name) is trapped inside a mall for seventy-two hours. People in the town have been turned to zombies and you must survive for the aforementioned time. That is the premise of the game. You defend yourself by killing zombies using whatever you find available in the mall, from a chainsaw to maybe a soccer ball. In addition, at various times of the game, you are given missions in where you must rescue some people within a certain amount of time. If you don't rescue them, then they die. If they die, you failed the mission but that doesn't mean you must restart the game. If you survive seventy-two hours, you beat the game. Simple as pie. Now when I first played the game, I embraced it for a while--keyword a while. For me, this game got really, really repetitive really, really quickly. All you do is kill zombies and nothing else. There may be one caveat for me to keep playing. If the number of zombies you kill is the number that matches the population of the town you are trapped in, you get an achievement point. However, I didn't play the game long enough to reach that. If you like killing zombies, this game fits you. But me, for what the game is worth, there are better games on the market that I can get my fix from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment