Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bionic Commando Rearmed: and Dangerous

So Capcom released a remake of their classic game Bionic Commando, which came out for the NES in the 1980s. I was fortunate to play the original when it came as a game in the compilation game Capcom Classics Collection Volume 1 for the PS2. I must say that the game uses something intuitive. Intuitive in that you don't jump; you must use an arm to reach spots and kill enemies. Now BC: Rearmed takes the concept and tweaks it a bit. Your arm still does stuff it does in the original game but also the new arm can grab powerups as well. Watching some gameplay footage, I must admit that I am curious to see for myself how if I will like this game (I think that not all classic games need to be remade but that's beside the point). It will release on PSN and Xbox Live within the month and I'm anxious to see how it stacks up against the critics. There is another Bionic Commando game that will release on consoles later. For now, let us enjoy a spin on a classic game.

No comments:

Folding at Home Stats

>
>