Wednesday, August 27, 2008

PSN card availability expanding

Today on the Playstation website, it was announced that the much sought after Playstation Network Cards will be available in more stores. Those stores that it will be available are Blockbuster, RiteAid, and 7-Eleven. Now the only store that isn't in my area (I'm currently in the Middle TN area, Cookeville, TN to be more specific) is 7-Eleven. However, I'm glad that Sony is finally broadening the availability of these cards. I, for one, am not willing to charge my debit card directly for PSN stuff. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels that way. Why Sony waited this long to expand the card availability, I'll never know. I do think that since the PSN cards can be found in more places, the sales of stuff on the Playstation Network will increase. Only time will tell with that. But for now, good job, Sony! You deserve it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would be willing to use my debit card to buy games through PSN (have already done it, in fact), but I'm glad that they're putting it in card form too. Not only will this help spread the word of the PS3's features, but maybe we'll get lucky and the cards will sometimes go on sale so we could save a little bit of money too.

It sounds like you already have a PS3, Michael, but I'm sure there are some gamers on your site that haven't gotten one yet. For those of you that don't, I suggest you take a look at the Stacker 2 contest going on where you can win a PS3 or Xbox 360 (your choice). Entering is easy too, as all you need to do is design a 6 Hour Power t-shirt (which is really easy to do online). There are less than 250 entrants as of now, so it's worth a look: http://www.brickfish.com/Entertainment/Stacker2?tab=overview

By the way, I hope you don't mind me commenting on your site. I work with 6HP so let me know if you have any questions or if you end up entering. I'll definitely vote for your designs. Good luck.

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com

Folding at Home Stats

>
>