

This is the next iteration in the Ratchet and Clank series. It takes place after the events of Going Commando. Ratchet gets misunderstood for a sargeant for the group of soldiers called the Galactic Rangers. He must stop an enemy called Dr. Nefarious from taking over the world. And thus the gameplay begins. If you have played the previous two games in the series, the gameplay is exactly the same. It is a 3D platformer in which you shoot enemies using an array of weapons along with solving various problems like a puzzle. The weapons can be upgraded to Level 5 in regular mode. You can beat the game once and enter Challenge Mode and the weapons have a chance to be upgraded from Level 5 to level 8 (except the Ry3no, which only upgrades to Level 5). There is nanotech as health again and there is more of it in this game than the previous two combined by far. The clank levels have returned, much to my dismay. I really can't stand them (which, by the way, is one reason why I won't get Secret Agent Clank for the PSP). The game lengthwise is good. I beat the game the first time in about 17 hours. There are skill points which unlock things like skins and cheats. There are titanum bolts that do this as well. A new thing in the game is trophies. They are hidden throughout levels and initially you may think that they are useless. However they are a crucial part in achieving 100% for the game, plus they are nice to look at. Speaking of 100%, if you do reach that mark, you unlock a door in the Starship Phoenix that was previously locked. It leads to the Insomniac Museum. There is another way to get to it, but that requires you to alter the time on your clock. In addition to that, I think that process may be a tad more complicated. Anyway, what the Museum is is sort of like a behind-the-scenes look behind the game. There are also tidbits about the game in addition to what didn't quite make it into the game. I like reading that stuff; it's very interesting. Overall this game is very fun. It's fast and furious. If you are fans of the series, buy this game. I think it's better than the previous two and you may think so too. The next game in the series--Ratchet:DeadLocked is drastically different but I still like it. Whether you like it is your choice.
1 comment:
that's way too cool.
Post a Comment