
Earlier this week, it was announced that the Playstation 3's virtual world (a.k.a. Playstation Home) would finally be going into beta testing. I was happy but I still hold some optimism for it. The only positive I can think of is that most major bugs will hopefully be fixed whenever it releases. I would rather have further delays to get something right than have it released and numerous patches are needed to fix problems and bugs. Beta-testing is when a company releases a version of their game to the people. There are two versions of beta-testing: open and closed. Open is more for the general public while private is on a limited basis or restricted to a region. In this case, the Home beta, for now initially, is one for those in Japan. Closed beta-testing will occur in PAL regions (Europe) and other regions throughout the world over time. The Home open beta will be released later this year (my guess is that it will be released closer to Holiday 08). I currently don't have a PS3 but if I had one, I would be one to try the open beta testing if it was given to me. For me, as I said before, Home is one of my more anticipated things I am waiting for on the PS3. Trophy support was one of the other things and that's been released already. When the open beta releases this year, I wonder how long it will last. I think the full version of Home is scheduled for release sometime in 2009. Then again they did say that before and it's still delayed. Come on Sony! Let's go Home!
No comments:
Post a Comment